The Falkland Islands Government Treasury provides services that facilitate other Directorates in achieving their objectives whilst providing a central role to ensure corporate objectives are met.
Provision of Financial Information and Support
- Provision of information for budgetary control & maintenance;
- Monitoring and reporting movement of the Stanley retail price index;
- Providing a full financial planning, accounting and reporting service for the Government of South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (GSGSSI)
Formulation of Fiscal Policy, Financial Strategies and Annual Budgets
- Co-ordination of the Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP);
- Facilitating the preparation of the annual budget including capital programme.
Provision of Financial Strategy and Policy Advice and Research
- Management of the Standing Finance Committee;
- Participation in various committees, sub-committees, working parties and advisory boards.
Provision of Central Exchequer Services
- Investment management;
- Maintenance of financial records and production of Statutory Annual Accounts;
- Collection and recording of amounts due to the government;
- Administration of Rent, Service Charge and subvention services;
- Provision of central banking reserves for Falkland Islands currency and the minting of commemorative coins;
- Payment of all suppliers, contractors, employees and members of the public;
- Provision of rent/service charge rebates to FIG tenants;
- Administration of insurance contracts.