Welcome to the Falkland Islands Government Treasury
The Treasury is responsible for the financial resources of the Falkland Islands Government. Under the leadership of the Financial Secretary, the work of Treasury colleagues has impacts across government and the community.
- Budgets made up of over 1,500 lines are annually set, monitored and reported on. The Treasury works with every other government department and with Members of Legislative Assembly to help ensure good management of public funds.
- On average, an entry is made into the Treasury’s financial records once every 38 seconds during the working day.
- Annual accounts comprising 16 statements are prepared to show the financial position of the Falkland Islands Government on 30th June each year, providing transparency and accountability of government finances.
- Independent auditors travel over 8,000 miles from the UK to provide external assurance that the financial statements give a true and fair view of the government’s affairs.
- Over 2,000 payments are made each month to suppliers, pensioners and employees.
- 19 people in the Treasury team work together to provide the best possible financial services to Members of the Legislative Assembly, other government departments and the general public.