Communications and media
The Communications and Media Office exists to help make sure that news about the Falkland Islands Government reaches all of the people who need to know about it – both internally and externally.
We also have a variety of other responsibilities, including:
- Handling local and international media enquiries and requests
- Reputation and crisis management, including providing advice to government officials
- Issuing regular news stories, press releases and public service announcements
- Maintaining the government’s social media accounts
- Supporting government departments with their communications and publicity requirements
- Supporting the Legislative Assembly and FIGO with their communications requirements
- Enabling the development of the government intranet and external website
- Drafting copy and proofing key government publications, reports and strategies
- Commissioning third party professionals including designers, film-makers and photographers
- Regulating the use of film and photography by visiting journalists
- Managing branding, marketing and merchandising on behalf of the government
- Running the inbound annual public diplomacy programme for South America
Usual office hours are 8am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (Falkland Islands time).
For urgent enquiries out of usual office hours, please call +500 51916. Please note this telephone number is for the use of journalists only.
In the event of major out of hours news stories or incidents, please refer to our social media pages first.
Rhian Burgess, Head of Communications
Sally Heathman, Communications Officer
For non-media enquiries, please visit the contact page for government services.