Services & Support for Health Promotion
The Public Health Unit works with the public, private and voluntary sectors to improve wellbeing of the people who live in the Falkland Islands. We adopt a partnership approach, encouraging positive health behaviours.
We provide a range of services including research, policy and project development, workshop delivery and creating health information resources.
If you would like assistance we can provide advice and assistance with:
- Developing nutrition guidelines and standards for nurseries and schools
- Developing workplace well-being policies
- Undertaking research
In addition, we also offer practical support and can offer:
- Workplace well-being presentations and workshops
- Bespoke presentations for health promotions e.g. nutrition topics, being active, stress reduction, improving sleep patterns
- Yoga and mindfulness sessions for schools, nurseries and community groups
- One-one support from a non-diet nutritionist for optimising nutritional approaches
- A non-diet approach model referral scheme (accessed via a healthcare professional referral). This scheme is focused on improving your relationship with food, activity and body image and encompasses a holistic approch to supporting your well-being
If you would like to access any of these services please get in touch.
For more information, please contact:
Carol Morrison, Head of Public Health
Phone: +500 28095